ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
EEE department was established in 1999 with the object to produce professionally competent students for the career in electrical and electronics engineering by providing value-based quality education. The department has a long and proud history as one of the leading institutions for electrical and electronic engineering.
We see educating the next generation of engineers as a key role, and our graduates and post-graduates are highly valued by industry and commerce around the world. Our undergraduate and master’s degrees are aligned to our research strengths, and we are proud of the depth of analytical treatment and the specialised optional subjects we offer within our degree programs.
History:BE-Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Started in the academic year 1999-2000 with an intake of 60 students.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Developing into a multidisciplinary, multi-campus technological institution of Excellence in this part of the Globe, providing the right ambience and environment to create Electrical Engineers and Technocrats who serve the needs and demands of society.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired need with in realistic constrains such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To equip the students with sound technical knowledge and skill in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To motivate and help the students in developing themselves as competent Engineers capable of meeting the demands and challenges of the highly advanced Scientific and Technological field.
- To inculcate in their minds, the importance of life- long learning to sustain their professional competence.
- To provide amble guidance to develop communication skills, innovative, scientific and engineering fundamentals.
- To inculcate entrepreneurship through value added courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering which develops technical skills to meet all sort of people in the competitive world.
- To make students to excel and expertise in the field of Electrical and Electronics through teaching etiquettes and professional ethics where in nuances and tactics in technical knowledge will be developed.
The department is functioning with well equipped and state-of-art laboratories for the following disciplines; Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioorganic chemistry, Instrumental Method of Analysis, Bioprocessing & Downstream Processing, Chemical Engineering, Immunology, Genetic Engineering and Molecular Biology.
Centre for Research
Internship training in core companies
Centre of Excellence
Value Added Courses
Sree sastha offers joint programs and trainings with top organizations!
Sastha students got placed with world's best corporates. Some of the leading recruiters are Wipro, Cognizant, Tata Consultancy Services, Zoho, HCL, Infosys, L&T Infotech, TechMahindra, MindTree,etc.
OUR ALUMNI LOVES US
|1||Dr. D. LAKSHMI||Ph.D||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD||[email protected]|
|2||Dr.VALLEM RAMESH||Ph.D||PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
|3||BENISHA .S||M.E. (Ph.D)||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
|4||PRAVEEN DANIEL .J||M.E. (Ph.D)||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
|5||PRAKASH .R||M.E. (Ph.D)||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
|6||VENKATESAN .S||M.E. (Ph.D)||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
|7||SATHIYAPRIYA .K||M.E.||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
|8||THIYAGU .D||M.E.||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||[email protected]|
The Head of the Department, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sree Sastha Institute of Engineering and Technology,
Chennai - 600123
Email [email protected]