SREE SASTHA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY START UP, INNOVATION & PROJECTS CENTRE (SIPC)
India has the fourth largest start up ecosystem after the US, the UK and Israel. However, if the current trend continues, within a year or two, India will reach the second spot after the US. That’s the level of enthusiasm and hunger among start-up entrepreneurs to do ‘something different.’ – NASSCOM India Every year, more than 50,000 projects are undertaken annually by the under-graduate students of engineering education from the various Anna Universities of the State millions of man-hours are spent on this. Keeping in line with the Make in India and Startup India policies, we have established the Startup, Innovation & Projects Centre on 04.04.2017 with an objective to nurture Rapid, sustainable and inclusive growth of youth and women entrepreneurs in the emerging technologies in and around Chennai by creating quality final year projects that can be converted into start-ups, incubate these startups and provide enhanced economic health in the region.
- Promote and maintain the quality of Industry Related Final year Projects.
- Inculcate entrepreneurship and creation of enterprises on knowledge based innovation
- Provide technology driven incubation for the startups in the rural areas of Kanchipuram and Tiruvallur districts of Tamil Nadu by utilizing the local resources.
- Link potential, incubatee, with knowledge strength and resources of the institution and provide them immediate networking and commercial opportunities.
- To empower women and enrich society through women entrepreneurs.
- To become a world class student incubation centre in Engineering and Technology.
ACTIVITIES of SSIET
- Streamline Guidelines for project
- Monitor Final Year Review
- Conduct in House Project Exhibition (Project Day) every year
- Awards “Best Project Award”
- Develop Database for Projects and update the same in the Project Library (separate library section)
- Identify Problems and Distribute among students for Innovation (Ideathon)
- Provide Expert Mentorship and Assist in developing products/startup
- Promote external participation in competitions
- Identify industry problems and provide solutions through mini projects
- Installing the completed projects in the Home College Labs for possible further work by junior students and researchers
- Encouraging and facilitating the students to publish papers in national and international conferences on the projects completed
Every year, the SIPC conducts the Project Day, during which the final year projects are assessed and the best projects are awarded. External experts are invited and the projects are evaluated based on their feedback. The project day is a great event which provides a platform for our students to display their projects and models to the society. The top projects are also converted into startups.
E – Cell SSIET
The Entrepreneurship cell of SSIET was established to promote entrepreneurship among students and to provide them with exiting practical exposure on entrepreneurship. Every student of SSIET is a member of the E – Cell. The E- Cell consists of its own CEO and office bearers. The CEO of E-Cell : Mr. Karthick, III yr, Mechanical Engineering.